Terms & Conditions
D-Restricted Ltd is a company registered in England under company number 14109786. The D-Restricted Ltd registered office address is 31 Avondale Road, Barlestone, Nuneaton CV13 0HX.
These terms should be read in conjunction with D-Restricted Ltd Privacy Notice, which sets out the terms on which D-Restricted Ltd processes any personal data collected from you or that you provide to D-Restricted Ltd.
D-Restricted Ltd reserves the right to make changes to its terms and conditions at any time.
Any amendments to the terms and conditions will be binding on you.
1. Vitamin K has been administered via injection at birth by your midwife/doctor, or if taken orally the course is complete.
*In the event parents do not wish for Vitamin K administration, or an oral course is incomplete, additional consent is required to proceed to division.
2. A parent or adult with legal parental responsibilities in law has to be present throughout the appointment, and for consent purposes. The signing of consent must be provided by the birth parent/guardian who must be legally responsible for the infant with full legal/custody rights to the infant's welfare. The signing adult is also signing to state they have this responsibility and if this information is incorrect that adult is committing fraud.
3. Payment is due before attending your appointment using the online facility. Should further charges be incurred these are due with immediate effect.
*If division is declined, I refund back to your original payment method half of the original fee. The payment schedule/breakdown of costs is found on the ‘BOOK ONLINE’ tab at www.tongue-tie.info/book-online
**Should a personal insurance plan be incurring the cost, it is parental responsibility to ensure the procedure is covered in their "Terms and Conditions". Payment for the appointment is still due to myself prior to the appointment, and then would be claimed from the insurance provider by the claiming parent/legal caregiver. Formal receipts are available on request.
4. The practitioner reserves the right to decline the procedure at any point.
5. Consent to control any excessive blood loss, which may require the use of specialist dressings/techniques or attendance to local Children's Emergency Department.
6. The parent or legal guardian must declare any allergies of the infant and breast/chestfeeding parent/legal caregiver.
7. Any appointment where the attendees do not attend without prior arrangement with the practitioner will lose their deposit payment as per the cancellation policy. If you need to cancel your appointment at any point please do so in advance as D-Restricted Ltd often receives last minute referrals who can utilise your appointment.
8. The appearance and function of your infant’s oral anatomy can change with time. Therefore; should further opinion be sought from myself or an alternative practitioner at a later date, the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis may differ. The assessment D-Restricted Ltd provides at the assessment appointment is only valid at time of the assessment only.
9. The parent/legal guardian must declare any medications the infant is receiving.
10. D-Restricted Ltd may choose to contact your healthcare provider(s) should there be a any concern for you or your family's health or welfare, this may include your GP or your Health visitor. For example a safeguarding concern, abuse, neglect or medical concern (this list is not exhaustive). Similarly, D-Restricted Ltd may be legally required to share the documentation held with professional authorities or insurance companies (in reference to your child's care). I also give permission for this to be shared where appropriate.
11. Acknowledgement of the following protocols (www.tongue-tie.info/considerations):
-Privacy Notice. -Complaints Procedure. -Cancellation and Refunds Policy.
12. There may be a colleague in attendance to assess or observe D-Restricted Ltd. I am aware that said person will keep my consultation confidential, and I am aware I can ask said person to leave at any stage of the appointment (This may be a student Nurse/midwife/health visitor, fellow healthcare professionals, or CQC inspector for example).
13. I/we consent to the handling of my/our infant for the purposes of assessment, examination, and if mutually agreed treatment also. If breastfeeding support is offered during the appointment I/we consent to the possible appropriate touch to aid breastfeeding.
14. I/we are aware that photography for the purposes of medical record keeping is taken of my/our infant’s mouth both pre and post procedure which is used to form the infants medical documentation. With additional consent, these may be used anonymously for training, education or promotional purposes including online, D-Restricted Ltd website or the ATP website (please refer to the consent form).
15. In the event of D-Restricted Ltd suffering a critical illness or death, a third-party professional (also DBS checked & approved) would be responsible for contacting the parent(s) to cancel the appointment to enable appropriate arrangements to be made. This person would need to access your appropriate details in order to do so, and may take some time to gain legal authority to do so which would result in a delay to refunding your deposit.
© DIANA WARREN IBCLC, RGN